Translate

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Changes


This is the way Tampa looked when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's. I remember when that first tall building went up. It was a relatively small city. I used to ride my bike to school and in junior high that was a three mile ride. You would never let a child do that today. Times have changed and so has my city..in a big way. The Tampa Bay area which includes Tampa, St Petersburg and Clearwater is the 3rd largest metropolitan area in the Southeast behind Miami and Atlanta. Tampa now has three major sports teams with the Buccaneers, Rays and Lightning. The Buccaneers have won the Super Bowl and the Lightning the Stanley Cup. The Rays were in the World Series in 2008.


This is Tampa today...much different...here are some other changes..


The Buccaneers used to play in Tampa Stadium...the Big Sombrero


Now they play in Raymond James Stadium


The Cincinnati Reds used to train at old Al Lopez Field. I used to watch the Big Red Machine here


Now the New York Yankees train at George Steinbrenner Field


The old Skyway bridge had room for sail boats


The new Skyway has room for this...as I close this morning it's a cool 61 degrees here in Tampa

No comments:

Post a Comment